"Three Daughters of Eve" by "Elif Shafak" (Review)


Hello everyone,
I hope wish and pray that whoever is reading this post must be having a fantastic day. How was your weekend guys? Did you just spend whole day on your couch or did something productive? Well I’m not sure about you guys that how do you spend your weekends but mine was busy as always and even after trying a lot I didn’t get time to read any book. Although I was planning that I’ll do some reading on weekends. But it seems like I’m not going to keep my words but no worries may be next weekend? Or may be weekend after next weekend…. (lol) Seriously guys I love reading but I hardly get time for this but if once I start a book I only put it down after finishing it. I like this thing about myself. (Apnay moun miyan mittho) :p Well like every reader I also have a list of my favorite authors and among them one name is very prominent. Can you guess that?....”NO”??? No worries because I’m going to share that now. Well that’s “Elif Shafak”. I’m sure if you have love for reading then you must be aware of her name. One of her most famous book “The Forty Rules of Love”, is almost everyone’s favorite. So luckily few weeks back I received a package from an online book store named “Tobstores”. They sent me a book for review (as shown in the picture below). I’ll share the book review for sure but before that lemme give you a brief introduction of “Tobstores”.


Introduction of “Tobstores”:
“Tobstores” is an online bookstore based in Lahore. They don’t deliver just “BOOKS” they deliver “Quality Books”. I have seen the quality of books which people usually get from the online stores and believe me most of the time, “IT’S PATHETIC”. The quality of paper or sometimes even the printing isn’t up to mark but if you are purchasing books from “Tobstores” then have the confidence that you gonna get the best books at most reasonable prices. I’m not exaggerating but honestly the quality which they offer to their customers is remarkable. From cover to page quality and from printing to binding, everything is perfect. From them you can get novels, literature books, history books, fiction books, Urdu books, children books, Islamic books and different religious books. Now what makes “Tobstores” different from other ordinary online bookstores, is the thing that they also have all type of course books and from school to university level, you can get all your desired course books from them. I know it very well that sometimes because of the shortage of our course books we have to waste so many hours in different markets in search of our books but next time you don’t have to waste even a single minute and you can simply send a list of your required books to “Tobstores” and they will deliver your books at your doorstep. The more amazing news is that even the medical students can get all their books from “Tobstores”. Isn’t that great? BTW it’s not the end of the story. :D I have another fabulous news to share with you all. And it’s about the “Books from Abroad”, yes you read it right. “Tobstore”, I believe, is the only store which imports all your desired books from abroad (they order books directly from Amazon) which means that if there’s a book which you wanna read but you know that it’s not available in Pakistan then all you have to do is to place your order at “Tobstore” and they’ll arrange that book for you. Could anything be more exciting than this? Without any doubt “Tobstors” is the best and biggest Pakistani Online Bookstore. Along with best quality their customer service is also top notch. They deliver all over Pakistan and no matter in which small city you live, you can order your books from “Tobstores” and you gonna get your books at your doorstep.


And the whole credit of the success of this store goes to its brilliant and hardworking owner, who laid its foundation 3.5 years back and from the very first day till today, he is managing everything on his own. Yes! This thing might surprise you but the truth is that “Furqan Ali” who is the owner of this store, is a student of “BBA” at “UCP”. And along with his studies he is managing this business very nicely and single handedly. In future he wants to expand this business and is planning to add stationery items and along with that he is dreaming something really big and wants to give free books to the deserving children. I wish him best of luck for his future and I pray that Allah fulfill all his dreams. Amen

In My Mail:
Few weeks ago “Tobstores” sent me a book of “Elif Shafak” for review. It was “Three Daughters of Eve” (as shown in the picture below).


I just love it because of its fine page quality, beautiful cover and amazing printing. The thing which is really appreciable is that this store doesn’t just focus on the book quality but also it’s working in a highly professional way and this thing could be seen in their packaging style. I always said that your working style shows your professionalism. And I really admire this store for its decent and nice packaging. When I received the book, it was wrapped in a brown paper cover. Along with the book “Tobstores” sent me a wooden keychain and a ballpoint as a complimentary gift (as shown in the picture before). That was a nice gesture. So for service I’m gonna give them 5 stars for sure.


Review of “Three Daughters of Eve”:




So here’s the detailed review of this book “Three Daughters of Eve” by “Elif Shafak”, which I received from “Tobstores”. This book has a dual storyline 14 years apart. The story revolves around a Turkish girl named Peri who is confused about her faith and the existence of God. She belongs to a religiously split family where her mother is deeply religious and her father is a secular. This novel shows you the two faces of Turkey, one the glamorized and the world of rich people while the other, the ugly one which shows the poor law and order condition and the political situation of modern Turkey. But the moment you finished the first part you feel like entering a new phase and immediately the novel becomes so interesting that you can't keep it aside before finishing it. The story starts with an accident where a beggar tries to rob and sexually assault Peri but she overcomes her attacker and with a stained dress she finally arrives at the party which is hosted by a rich businessman. During her fight with the beggar a polaroid fell from her bag which brings back lots of memories of the time when she was a student at Oxford University. From this point the third person narrative in the novel moves back and forth from 1980 to 2016, when Peri was a child and afterwards when she was sent to Oxford and to the present day when she is attending this party in Istanbul. Throughout her childhood she was rocked by the conflict between her father and mother. Her life takes a big change when she gets to Oxford where she befriended with two fellows, an Iranian-born Shirin and Egyptian-American Mona. So they become "Three Daughters of Eve", jokingly refer to themselves as "The Sinner", "The Believer" and "The Confused". Despite their differences they are all captivated by their handsome religion professor, named “Prof. Azur”. Basically that's the point from where the real story begins as the center of the story rests on Peri's relationship with this professor "Azur". She was always confused about the subject of God but her acquaintance with Azur changes everything in her life and also in the life of the professor as he was forced to leave the university because of his scandal with Peri. To know what happened after that you have to read this book by yourself. Because the story becomes more and more attractive after Peri’s entry in the life of Azur. This novel has everything in it, religion, life problems, feminism, opposite gender attraction, jealousy, confusion, compromises and more than that the struggle to fight all the problems and still manage to move forward in your life. The one thing you’ll learn from the book is that “The life goes on”. The end of the story was a surprise. Yes and that’s the thing which glued you to the novel till the end, “The Affair of Peri with Azur” and the surprise behind it. So must read this book. It’s quite interesting but at the same time I’ll say that there was something missing in the end. Do tell me if you feel the same after reading it. Would love to hear your thoughts about this book. After finishing it I literally feel like I need to talk to Elif Shafak personally and to discuss the end of this novel. Ahhhh….. May be some day. I’ll rate this book as 4.7/5.

Price:
You can get this interesting book in just PKR 500/-


My Verdict:
Well personally I don’t think that if I’ll ever gonna purchase a book then I can go to any other store than “Tobstores”. This store is fantastic and I love its service and product quality. If you also want to get best books at reasonable prices then “Tobstores” is the best one for you. Also if you are unable to find any book in their online accounts or on their website then you just have to message them and send them the name of your desired book and they’ll arrange that for you. I'll rate them as 4.9/5

Contact Details, Mode of Payment and Delivery:
You can place your order by simply sending them a message on their instagram account named “Tobstores”. If you don’t have an instagram account then you can also message them on their Facebook page named “Tobstores”. You can also visit their website and the link is http://www.tobstores.com/. You can also message them on the number 0321-4167955 or you can just whatsapp them on 0305-4015828. They deliver all over Pakistan. They offer cash on delivery and the delivery charges are PKR 150/-

That’s all for today. Hope you will like the review. You can like my page on Facebook as “A Girl and HerJourney” and you can also follow me on Instagram as my IG name is “@agirl_herjourney”. Will come back soon with another review and some other interesting blog posts. Till then take care of yourself and stay happy and blessed.

Three Daughters of Eve, Review

Comments