Sweet Platter by "Kake Mania" (Review)


Hello everyone,
I hope, wish and pray that whoever is reading this post must be having a fantastic day. Well tell me what you do when you are depressed? If you’ll ask me what to do? Then in my opinion I’ll say that you can listen good music, can go for a walk, can talk to your best friend, can read a book or you can watch a movie. If these suggestions are not much helpful and you are still upset and not in a good mood then simply pick your phone, search an online bakery and order yummy desserts. That’s the easiest way to change your mood and there’s not any problem in this world which a dessert couldn’t fix. Without any doubt dessert is a happy food and it can lighten anyone’s mood. A glimpse of sweetness can make someone forget about their worries and brightens up their day. So next time whenever you feel low then have something sweet and I’m sure it will boost your mood and will put a smile on your face. Whenever someone talks about something sweet, what first thing comes in your mind? A chocolate bar? A piece of cake? A cupcake? A pastry? Or may be a Gulab Jamun? ;) Which one is your most favorite out of all these things? For me all are my favorite but the real competition is between the cupcakes and Gulab Jamuns J I’m still unable to decide that I love which one of them, the most? ;) . But still if you ask me to choose one of them then with 0.000005% more liking for cupcakes, they gonna win my vote. I usually prefer to order them online and up till now I have tried cupcakes from many online bakeries. But the truth is that only few of them truly impressed me with their quality and service. Few months back, I received a package from an online home based bakery named “Kake Mania” (as shown in the picture below). Before sharing more details about this package, lemme give you a brief introduction of “Kake Mania” first.


Introduction of Kake Mania:
“Kake Mania” is a Lahore based online bakery, owned by a very talented baker and brilliant cake artist “Khadija Zahid”. By profession “Khadija” is an interior designer but her passion for baking and cooking compelled her to leave her job and she laid the foundation of this home based bakery. She started this business few years back in December 2015 and from that day her struggle to bring the best for her customers and her passion to make the best products, never let her rest or to look back. In this journey she got lots of love and appreciation from the people around her and from her customers. Now “Khadija’s Kake Mania” is one of the best online bakery and her list of satisfied and happy customers is getting longer and longer with every passing day. The best thing which I like about her personality and her work is that, she is never afraid of trying something new. She loves experimenting and loves to bring something more attractive and mouthwatering for her customers. Like can you believe this, that “Khadija” was the first person who introduced the most unique type of “Gulab Jamun Cupcakes”. Aren’t they sound so different but so tempting at the same time? Who will not wanna try them? So for such unique and different concepts I just love this girl. She is not only talented but also very creative. Her aim is to provide the best quality products to her customers and she never compromised on that. That’s the reason that people love to order from her again and again because they know that every time they gonna get the best quality products. Her future plans are as great as her skills are and she wants to share her knowledge with other girls and will start baking classes for all those who wanna learn baking and wants to start their own home-based businesses. I wish and pray that Allah fulfill all her dreams. Amen

In My Mail:
Few months back “Kake Mania” sent me their special “Love Themed” platter for review (as shown in the picture below).


In this package I got these four yummilicious items;
1.       Two Chocolate Cupcakes
2.       Two Caramel Dessert Cups
3.       One Chocolate Brownie
4.       Two Chocolate Chip Cookies
Everything was so yummy. And I still remember that how much I loved all these things when I tried them.

Packaging and Presentation:
All these four items were fixed on a disposable square cake base. “Kake Mania” covered the base with a brown wrapping sheet and then fix the items on them (as shown in the picture below).


The platter arrived in a white box which was decorated with red and blue ribbons (as shown in the pictures below)




 A lovely handmade card was pasted on it (as shown in the picture below). Everything was presented very neatly and perfectly and was showing the artistic approach of the sender.


Review of “Chocolate Cupcakes”:
Well the first thing which I’m going to review is, the cupcakes which I received in this package (as shown in the picture below).


“Kake Mania” sent me two “Chocolate Cupcakes” which were so so yummy. They were center filled cupcakes with beautiful fondant décor. The sponge was soft and delicious. It literally melts in my mouth, when I took the first bite. Neither it was too dry nor was it too wet. It was perfect with amazing texture and the balance of ingredients was simply mind blowing.


The frosting was fresh and had the perfect sugar balance. As I have said this so many times that the best cupcake is the one where the frosting compliments the sponge perfectly.


And these cupcakes were simply “THE BEST”. On the pink cream frosting, you can see that white and red fondant décor. Aren’t those hearts so adorable? I just love the look.


We hardly get such perfect cupcakes where the taste and the look of them, are equally amazing. And here “Kake Mania” won my heart with these mouthwatering cupcakes.


The price of these cupcakes is, PKR 200/per cupcake.

Review of “Caramel Dessert Cups”:
The next most delicious and my favorite item from this platter was “Caramel Dessert Cups” (as shown in the picture below).


“Kake Mania” sent me two different shaped disposable plastic cups of this mouthwatering dessert named “Caramel Dessert”. It had everything which I could love in my-type-of-dessert. It had the cream, caramel, chocolate, fruit chunks on the top, choco rolls. Without any exaggeration, it was one of the best and yummy dessert I have tried so far. I just put the first spoon of this dessert in my mouth and after that I just forgot that when I put the empty cup down. It was divine. The rich flavor of caramel along with fresh flavored cream and chocolate and those kiwi fruit and strawberry pieces…ummmmmm……all the things, their perfect combo and the way they complimented each other, made this dessert a perfect one, which I believe not a dessert lover will want to miss. In such desserts usually people failed to maintain the sugar balance and they came out as extremely sweet desserts. But hats off to this brilliant girl “Khadija” who is a pro at maintaining the perfect ingredients balance. And hence instantly it became my favorite dessert.


The most surprising thing about these cups, was its price. “Kake Mania” is giving a single cup of this delicious mouthwatering dessert in just PKR 185/- Isn’t that sounds great? Believe me not just the taste of this dessert was brilliant but also the quantity was very satisfactory and you can easily share your cup with another person. Now that’s a different thing that you’ll never do this because it’s so yummilicious that you will not wanna share it with anyone else. ;)

Review of “Chocolate Brownie”:
The third item I got in this package was a “Chocolate Fudge Brownie” (as shown in the picture below).


After cupcakes, brownies are my second love. :p and I never miss a chance to taste some yummy brownies and just like the cupcakes, finding the best brownies, is a real struggle. Few days back at my friend’s place I tried brownies. My friend ordered them from an online bakery and apparently they were looking so delicious but when I took the first bite then they were too dry that, although I’m not a tea-person, but I finished them with the help of tea. L And then I told her that dear next time when you want to get brownies from an online bakery then simply message “Kake Mania” because their service and product quality, both are top notch. And it’s so true. The brownie by “Kake Mania” was awesome. It was soft, fudgy and well baked.



It’s that kinda brownie about which I say that, “Take a bite and forget what is on your left and right”. :D That may sound funny (or a bit stupid :p) but seriously if the brownie you are eating, is yummy then it will make you forget everything. And it was actually that good. I still remember its flavor and ohhhh my God, I’m craving for it again. L
If you are a brownie lover, just like me then “Chocolate Fudge Brownie” by “Kake Mania”, is a must try thing. Do try it now and you can get it in just PKR 150/ per piece.


Review of “Chocolate Chip Cookies”:
The last item of this platter was, “Chocolate Chip Cookies” (as shown in the picture below).


When I was a kid, to protect my teeth from cavities, my mom never allowed me to eat so many sugary items. But still somehow I always managed to reach that kitchen shelf where she kept that glass jar of chocolate chip cookies. So my many sweet and naughty memories are associated with chocolate chip cookies. And now when I’m a grown up then still sometimes I want to have a jar of those cookies. Can I have that now? Ohhhh….im sure you must be saying “No” because it’s not good for health and I might gain 10Kgs after that. But still can I have it pleaseeeeeee? :p Well if your answer is still no then I’m sure you can’t understand my love for cookies, but “Khadija” must know some kinda magic because I didn’t tell her anything about my love for chocolate cookies and she added these yummy and crunchy ones in this package.

And just like her other sent items, these cookies got 100/100 points from me. They were crunchy but not too hard. They were light enough that you can easily eat 3-4 cookies in one go.


In coming winter season, you must try them with your cup of coffee and you can thank me later for telling you about them . :p Seriously guys their color, taste, texture, quality, in short everything was fabulous.



You can order six cookies in just PKR 600/- and I think that’s so reasonable price for such awesome cookies.

My Verdict:
Well I’ll only say that I love “Kake Mania” and I love “Khadija” for being the best baker and sweetest person. She truly has some magic and she exactly know how to use that to make people her fan. Her baking skills are mind blowing and her products are just superb. From packaging to presentation and from quality to quantity, this girl impressed me and made me her fan. I’ll rate her products as 4.7/5

Contact Details, Mode of Payment and Delivery:
You can place your order by simply sending them a message on their instagram account named “Kake Mania”. If you don’t have an instagram account then you can also message them on their Facebook page named “Kake Mania”. They only deliver in Lahore. The delivery charges are different for different areas. They offer two different modes of payment and these are “Online Payment” and "Cash on Delivery".

That’s all for today. Hope you will like the review. You can like my page on Facebook as “A Girl and HerJourney” and you can also follow me on Instagram as my IG name is “@agirl_herjourney”. Will come back soon with another review and some other interesting blog posts. Till then take care of yourself and stay happy and blessed.


desserts review

Comments